Academic Sharp Brain
Resourcing the Intelligent Minds for Tomorrow
The world is talking about innovation, collaboration & knowledge economy, now the question is how to implement it at the academic platform.
- 8 intelligent minds will pitch their ideas
- Panel of experts vote for the idea
- Knowledge investors will compete by offering bigger dollars
- Intelligent minds and knowledge investors will bring the idea to the marketplace
Academic Sharp Brain provides Chemeca participants the opportunity to pitch their innovative scientific- and technology-based ideas to the invitee experts and investors and to attract tangible (funds) and intangible (in kind support, mentorship) support developing business opportunities.
Guideline for participants
You can be part of the Academic Sharp Brain if you satisfy all the criteria listed below:
- You are in your final year of PhD or have completed your degree within the last 15 years. Applicants who exceed the timeline of 15 years, still can apply provided they submit a letter of justification.
- You have a brilliant, well-developed research idea, with a potential market
- You have identified your competitors
- You have determined your initial target market and market size
- You are ready to pitch your idea in front of Academic Sharp Brain’s panel of experts, knowledge investors and audience.
How to register
- Download the pitch deck
- Submit your pitch and a copy of your resume until 20 June 2017 to:
Dr. Neda Mirzadeh Entrepreneurship Program Coordinator & Organizing Committee, Academic Sharp Brain
- Receive the confirmation of your submission along with some information regarding the next steps
- The Academic Sharp Brain Organizing Committee will review the information (resume and pitch) provided by candidates and select 8 intelligent minds
- Selected candidates will be notified by 7 July 2017
Selected candidates pitch their ideas to the panel of experts and the panel of knowledge investors (on 26 July 2017 in Melbourne) to compete for various awards and support from the panel of knowledge investors.
Please note that decision of panel of experts and panel of knowledge investors will be final.
Call for papers
|Abstract submission Now Closed|
|Abstract acceptance / rejection notification by April 2017|
|Pitch deck submission deadline extended to 20 June 2017|
|Selected candidates notification 7 July 2017|
|Final full paper submission deadline 30 June 2017|
|Registration opens Now Open|
|Early bird registration deadline 7 May 2017|
|Chem-E-Car entries close 30 June 2017|
|Welcome reception 23 July 2017|
|Chemeca 2017 dates 23-26 July 2017|
|RACI Congress dates 23-28 July 2017|