The 17th Asian Chemical Congress & 19th General Assembly of FACS Organising Committee invites authors to submit abstracts for presentation within the Congress program. Submissions are sought for oral and poster presentations and can be made via the Presenters’ Portal button above.
All abstracts must follow the instructions listed below and be submitted online by 23 March 2017. Please note that the closing date for abstract submission will not be extended and abstracts will only be accepted if the author has registered and paid by the early bird registration deadline of 23 April 2017.
All accepted abstracts will be included within the Congress Proceedings and registered delegates only will receive a copy.
All enquiries regarding abstracts for the 17ACC should be emailed to program17ACC@racicongress.com.
Dates and Deadlines
|Call for Abstracts opens||25 July 2016|
|Call for Abstracts closes||23 March 2017|
|Authors notified of results||April 2017|
|Presenter/Early bird registration deadline||23 April 2017|
Abstract Submission Details
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Abstracts should be original work.
- An abstract must be submitted by the presenting author.
- Abstracts must not exceed a maximum of 250 words and should follow the approved template.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 23 March 2017 for consideration by the Scientific Program Committee. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by early April 2017 and will also be notified if the abstract has been selected for an oral or poster presentation.
- To be formally accepted, abstract authors must be registered and paid to attend the 17ACC by 23 April 2017.
- Use limited references (e.g. Smith 1999) and only if necessary.
- Abstract submissions are strictly limited to a maximum of five per person (across all RACI Centenary Congress partner conferences) and a maximum of three oral presentations.
- An abstract can only be submitted once; each submission must be unique.
- All abstracts formally accepted will be published in the Congress Proceedings and as submitted. Should you require changes you may either email an updated version to the Congress Secretariat or make amendments via the Presenters’ Portal before the submission deadline. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting as changes or additions will not be accepted after the Call for Abstracts closes.
Abstracts for the 17ACC can be submitted under one of the following divisions and themes. Please select the most appropriate division and theme for your abstract in the Presenters’ Portal.
Asian Chemical Editorial Society (ACES)/Wiley symposium
FACS/American Chemical Society early career researcher workshops on publishing, communication, ethics, careers, and collaboration.
Analytical and Environmental Chemistry
- Advances in Detection for Clinical, Environmental, Forensic and Industrial Applications
- Environmental Chemistry: Understanding the World in which we live
- New Approaches to Sample Handling and Separation
- Innovators and creators
- Preparing for professional practice
- Research and practice nexus
OPCW plenary and Chemical Ethics
Chemical Information and Big Data
Colloids and Nano Materials
- Colloids and Interfaces in Food Science
- Colloids and Interfaces in Mineral Processing
- Advances in Colloid and Interface Chemistry
- Electrochemical Aspects of Ionic Liquids
- Electrochemical Sensors and Biosensors
- Electrochemistry of Functional Materials
- Energy and Electrocatalysis
FACS Distinguished Lectures
Health Safety and Environment
- Effective Chemical Management - addressing the Health Safety and Environmental Factors
- “Known unknowns” & “Unknown unknowns”
- “From Red Tape to Best Practice”
History and Archives
Industrial Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
Luminescent Compound Symposium
- Advanced Characterisation Techniques for Materials Chemistry
- Highlights in Solid State Materials Chemistry
- Materials for a sustainable energy future
Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry
Organic Chemistry (including a Canadian symposium)
- Chemical Biology
- Natural Products Chemistry
- Physical Organic and Materials Chemistry
- Synthesis and Catalysis
- Advances in gas phase ion spectroscopy, chemistry and mobility
- Charge and energy transfer
- Computational Chemistry and Theory
- Condensed matter
- ECR session inc. Division medalist lecture
- Nanomaterials and Clusters
- Spectroscopy and dynamics
- Nanomedicine 1
- Nanomedicine 2
- Polymers for energy applications
- Renewable/sustainable polymers
- Soft Matter
- Synthesis and novel architectures
- Actinide chemistry
- Analytical methods & detection techniques Environmental radiochemistry
- Effects of radiation, radiation chemistry
- Instrumentation and methodology
- Radiolabelled compounds & radiopharmaceuticals
- Separation, Speciation
FACS project Symposia
Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentations:
Oral: A 20-minute spoken presentation, including question and answer time (i.e. 17mins presentation + 3mins Q&A). Presenters show the research and/or findings of their accepted abstract in a Power Point presentation.
Poster: A physical printed poster identifying the abstract/s research and/or findings, A0 size (portrait), to be stuck to an allocated poster board and presented during allocated poster session/s. Delegates will be able to view all posters throughout the duration of the event.
Please note, if an overwhelming number of oral presentation submissions are received, the Review Committee reserves the right to offer poster presentations for some of these abstracts.
Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in the 17ACC:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to the 17ACC.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session.
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The authors will immediately notify the 17ACC Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author is changed. The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program.
- Abstract submission opens Now Open
- Registration opens Now Open
- Abstract submission closes 23 March 2017
- Early bird registration deadline 23 April 2017
- 17ACC 23-28 July 2017